Our Teaching Philosophy
Education, experience, adventure, and FUN! That's what you'll get with Colleen on a CMS Photography workshop.
My primary mission is to help you take your photography to the next level and capture images you're proud of - no matter where you are starting! I do not shoot my own personal work during the workshops and classes I teach, so you get extensive personal attention on YOUR needs and YOUR photography.
Our goal in our photography workshops is to help you capture YOUR vision consistently and predictably by:
- Mastering the technical controls on your camera.
- Having a solid understanding of design, composition, and visual language theories.
- Recognizing the importance of lighting in creating an experienced based, emotionally-driven image.
- Understanding digital processing techniques to bring your vision to life and to optimize your images for web posting and print.
- Developing a creative habit and creative life
- Connecting with your subjects in a profoundly meaningful and personal manner...before snapping a photograph.
- Building confidence in your definition of what makes a great photograph in YOUR eyes.
- Getting any of your questions answered you might have about photography, culture, geology, places, etc.
And, you'll have a blast in the process!
Our workshops are best suited for more active individuals interested in continuously learning about photography, the world around them, and themselves. Those seeking guidance as to where to put the tripod holes in solely iconic locations will likely not appreciate the personal style and creative vision approach I encourage and therefore may enjoy workshops with other photographic instructors offering photo tours instead.
Whether it be through the workshops offered through other companies or one of our own workshops, you'll have a fun and memorable learning experience. Hope you'll join me for your next adventure!